Thursday, June 19, 2014

my promoter life

Today, i would like to share something which is a part of my life.
not only studying, also i work as a promoter during weekend. although some may question if i really got the spare time to do so, but i am here to say that i am not doing it for spare time,but for living.

i have been working as a promoter ever since i came to KL, which was two years back.Our work time is only on weekend, 12pm-9pm. my friend introduce me this job. after undergoing a few times of interview i begin to work officially.

I work in  a famous pharmacist store in Mid Valley. I still remember when i first started work, i was totally like an idiot. I have no idea how to approach customers, how to mingle and make friends with other staff there. It was tough in the first place.Also i couldn't stand standing whole day long. It was hard for me to sell my product as i am lack of experience and courage.Also i mentioned before in my previous post, i used to be a shy and  timid girl. Can you imagine how difficult for me to survive in this work field where everyone is so aggressive and care about their sales report?

I was lectured by a few senior staff there. They told me " if you want to survive in this field you got to learn to be selfish and strong and aggressive, money doesn't just drop down from heaven."

I guess i wasn't so sure about the meaning at that time. Some people there are mean. They will try to bring you down at all mean. This is because whenever a new promoter occur, it become a threat for them.  Gossips drama often happened there. Environment very soon drives me to change.

I re-join the training session for my products. Trying to improved myself better. Not only that, i trained myself to become more courageous  in approaching customers. i observed how other people did it and try to do it even better myself. It was a long process. When time passed, i begin to master the skills.

Most important of all, i have learned the beauty of complimenting other people. I mean, who don't like to get praise?

As time goes by, i begin to make a lot  of friends there. They respect my effort in fighting to become a better worker.  My sales have increased from bad to good. I feel satisfied when my boss gave me good comment.

Two years have pass, and i am still on the work field. I appreciate this working experience. Because it gives me a early chance to have a look at how the society are and also to be a early learner to learn the surviving skills in this world.

No comments:

Post a Comment